This recipe was sent in by a Fearless Foodies member. Her son absolutely loves these muffins for breakfast!
The muffins are a great paleo baby food, being gluten and dairy free.
They’re a great source of potassium, healthy fats, and are high in protein.
- 4 medium ripe bananas (mash with a fork, or cut small before placing in blender/thermomix)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (but really you could use any butter – peanut, ABC etc)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (yum!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Line tin with baking paper or muffin cups
- In a big bowl (or thermomix), blend banana, egg, coconut oil, nut butter and vanilla
- Add the leftover dry ingredients into the bowl and mix through
- (I think in a thermomix or blender I’d see no issues with blending it all as one…)
- Place the batter in a bread tray or muffin tin, about 2/3 full
- Bake in oven for 20-30min, until your knife comes out clean (usually when they’re brown on top)
Easy peasy! Best part is there’s enough there to make breakfast and/or morning tea for at least a few days!!
Have you got a recipe you’d like to share on the blog? Email it to me, or PM me through the Fearless Foodies facebook group!