This recipe was sent in by a Fearless Foodies member. Her son absolutely loves these muffins for breakfast!
The muffins are a great paleo baby food, being gluten and dairy free.
They’re a great source of potassium, healthy fats, and are high in protein.
- 4 medium ripe bananas (mash with a fork, or cut small before placing in blender/thermomix)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (but really you could use any butter – peanut, ABC etc)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (yum!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Line tin with baking paper or muffin cups
- In a big bowl (or thermomix), blend banana, egg, coconut oil, nut butter and vanilla
- Add the leftover dry ingredients into the bowl and mix through
- (I think in a thermomix or blender I’d see no issues with blending it all as one…)
- Place the batter in a bread tray or muffin tin, about 2/3 full
- Bake in oven for 20-30min, until your knife comes out clean (usually when they’re brown on top)
Easy peasy! Best part is there’s enough there to make breakfast and/or morning tea for at least a few days!!
Have you got a recipe you’d like to share on the blog? Email it to me, or PM me through the Fearless Foodies facebook group!
Wondering what to feed your baby?
I've done all the research for you!
Enter your details to get this list for FREE!