Lamb meatballs are a favourite in this household! What I like about them is they’re quick and easy to make, they taste delicious, and you and mix and match what additions you put in them each time. They’re a great source of protein and good fats to make up a healthy meal with some veggies on the side. They’re also easy to reheat the next day for leftovers (they don’t survive past breakfast in my house!).
You can size meatballs perfectly so that your baby can feed themselves. Since lamb and the additional ingredients I recommend/suggest are all baby-safe, you can feed these to your baby from 6 months onwards.
Ingredients for Lamb Meatballs
- 4-500g lamb mince (pasture-raised)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (extra virgin cold pressed)
- Vegetables – carrot, zucchini, spinach, onion – finely chopped or minced
- 3 cloves of garlic – finely chopped or minced (not for sensitive babies!)
- Quinoa – 1 cup cooked
- Switch meat for other mince – beef, chicken, pork
- Place olive oil in a large bowl with rosemary and oregano
- Sometimes I like to use Italian herb mix instead
- Turmeric is a good one to add too
- For a bit of spice, add chilli or curry powder!
- If using onion and/or garlic, add this here
- Place minced lamb into the oil and mix through thoroughly – ensure the oil and herbs are covering the mince
- Place vegetables or quinoa in (optional) and mix through
- Line an oven tray (I like pyrex glass ones) with the melted coconut oil
- Mould the mixture into meatballs to your preferred size
- I prefer about 1/2 of my palm sized
- Place in the oven on 175deg for 20-30min
- Outside will be slightly browned and inside will be slightly pink when finished
Serve these yummy lamb meatballs with roasted or steamed vegetables! Nice and simple meal that is great for the entire family!