Green Smoothies – easy, delicious, and nutrient-dense!
Green Smoothie Recipe:
- One handful of kale or spinach
- 250g of cold milk – almond milk or quinoa milk are best if a dairy allergy is present
- 8 ice cubes (large)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 strawberries
- 1 banana (large)
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey, if you require additional sweetness
Place all ingredients into thermomix or blender and blend for 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
Thermomix users – use speed 10 for 1 minute.
Kale/Spinach – iron, calcium, vitamins A, C and K
Strawberries – vitamin C
Banana – potassium
Quinoa or Almond milk – protein
Chia Seeds –
- essential fatty acids – Omega 3 and 6
- fibre – soluble and insoluble
- amino acids – all 8 essential amino acids
- essential minerals – calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, potassium
- vitamins A, B and E
You can easily mix it up with these smoothies, and tailor it to your child’s tastes – I would love to add some avocado, for some additional good fats and creamy texture!
This recipe was brought to you by Sinead Dyer, a thermomix consultant in Perth WA.
Want to get involved? Send your recipes in, with a photo of the finished product or a happy child eating the food, and why you love the recipe so much.